Mike & Lori, The LinkedIn Rockstars, started their speaking careers as corporate technology trainers. Their speaking style is deeply rooted in their vast experience educating the non-technical audiences on the technology-related topics.
The LinkedIn Rockstars have vast experience from actually DOING the things that they speak about, a rare case in Social Media. They INSPIRE their audiences and make Social Media understandable, especially for LinkedIn users.
Live audiences love the spot-on, highly relevant content, but they actually remark most about how drawn into the process by the excitement and simple language of Mike & Lori. This is where the rave reviews come from, people that are inspired to act upon what they have learned from Mike & Lori.
Using references from classic rock music, Mike & Lori incorporate passages from their hit LinkedIn book entitled “Rock The World with your Online Presence”. Their next book, Rock The World with Social Media” is the driving force behind much of their Social Media speaking.
Whether it’s the Doobie Brothers’ “Takin’ it to the Streets” inspiring sales professionals or Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” talking about Facebook, the LinkedIn Rockstars weave the music and the message together so well.
How To Select a Speaking Topic for YOUR Audience
The speaking topics and the associated costs are not dependent for the most part. Speaking fees are based on a time and format basis. A 60 minute address might cost $x,000, while a 75 or 90 minute address will cost more.
Clients may request either Mike or Lori individually or most prefer BOTH Mike & Lori speaking together in the “Duet Format”. They will do their best to accommodate specific requests, but their high demand means they are not always able to perform together.
All the more reason to BOOK YOUR DATE NOW.
When looking at the options for speaking topics, take a brief moment to look at these questions designed to get you thinking about your need. It will make the topic selection process that much easier.
- What does your audience have in common (for focusing the material)?
- Do they work at the same company?
- Are they business partners? Sales Professionals?
- Are they technology firms? Realtors?
- Advanced users? Beginners?
- Management, Executives?
- Business owners? Investors?
- What are they most interested in knowing about regarding LinkedIn, Social Media and related topics (for selecting business examples)?
- The basics? Tips?
- Sales? Marketing? Business Development?
- Recruiting? HR Concerns?
- Marketing? Branding?
- Executive Issues?
- Do you want a more visual show with large projection screens or one more focused on the speaker?
- Do you want a more educational experience or a more entertaining and motivational experience?
After 5 years of speaking on LinkedIn and Social Media, The LinkedIn Rockstars really perk up their audiences with current topics, presented in a high-energy, rock concert style.
Most Interesting and Effective Topics for Live Audiences
Here are six of the most interesting and effective topics for live audiences.
- Rock your business world with LinkedIn & Social Media
- Craft a Rockstar business image with LinkedIn & Social Media
- Getting to the Top of the Charts with LinkedIn & Social Media
- Why LinkedIn & Social Media make sense for (your audience), how to get started
- High Powered LinkedIn Strategies for Technology Professionals and Firms
- Can Privacy be protected in the Day of Social Media?
Speaking About “The Future”
Mike O’Neil, the founder of Integrated Alliances, has a series of speaking topics talking about the FUTURE in a Social Media world.
They come directly from the Rock The World with Social Media book that Mike & Lori co-wrote. The genesis of these predictions is already in place and these are beginning to take shape more and more every day. PEOPLE IN YOUR AUDIENCE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE FUTURE.
With the FUTURES option for speaking, clients can select several futures sub-topics from a list and Mike O’Neil will weave them into a single address that is optimized to your audience. This option is ideal when you have a diverse audience and want to “provide something for everybody”, sort of like a variety show or the Ed Sullivan Show of the 60’s and 70’s.
FUTURES speaking topics include (but are not limited to)
- How Facebook will take over the business world with word processing, E-Mail, multimedia messaging, CRM, VOIP services
- B2C2B –Business to Consumer to Business marketing targets corporate clients through the individual that work there.
- How Microsoft’s Windows 95 and Office 95 foreshadowed the future of Social Media.
- WAV goodbye to the MP3 and compressed music in a Terabyte world. The changes to digital music that will come as technology advances.
- Location-based services – when WHERE you are matters ONLINE.
- What about when those mergers and acquisitions resume – e.g. Oracle acquires Facebook, Salesforce.com buys LinkedIn, Apple teams up with Twitter, Sprint integrates foursquare into devices, what will the world be like?
- How technology breakthroughs will change everything – e.g. Petabytes (Pb) of storage, 10 GB Internet connections, iPhone 7, iPad 3, Android.
- The coming day when you don’t have a PC or a laptop (mobile devices)!
Conference Speaking Examples
The LinkedIn Rockstars have spoken at Miller Heiman Client Summit in Tahoe; The Channel Partners National Conference in Miami; the Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Regional and National Conferences in Pasadena and Vancouver; the National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS) National Conference in Orlando and in St. Louis, The Angel Capital Summit in Denver.
Higher Education Speaking Examples
The LinkedIn Rockstars have longtime ties to higher education (faculty, undergrad, MBA, EMBA) including the University of Denver; Colorado State University; University of Colorado; Regis University; Westwood College; DeVry University; University of Minnesota Carlson School of Business.
Corporate Speaking Examples
The LinkedIn Rockstars have addressed corporate audiences including Miller Heiman, Management Recruiters International, The Alternative Board (TAB), Oracle, tw telecom, AT&T, Hilton Hotels, Data Sales Inc.
Local Event Speaking Examples
The LinkedIn Rockstars have spoken at local events of The Colorado Society of Association Executives (CSAE); Denver Telecom Professionals (DTP); Telecom Association of Colorado (TAC); Tie-Rockies; The Rockies Venture Club (RVC); Denver Cisco Users Group (DCUG); Silicon Mountain Macintosh Users Group (SMMUG).